Bingo isn’t a complicated game, and neither is online bingo. The rules are few and simple, but you need to know how to play bingo online, especially if you play for cash, you should be aware of all the bingo rules.
In the beginning of the bingo game, the player has to purchase bingo cards, and in order to do so, he has to have a balance in his site account. A balance can be acquired by depositing money into the site account, using credit cards or any other acceptable method of online money transfer. A list of payment methods exists in every online bingo site.
A typical bingo card used for online bingo has 5 rows, headed by the letters B, I, N, G and O, and 5 columns. The columns are numbered as followed: the B column gets numerical values of 1-15, the I column gets values of 16-30, N column – 31-45, G column – 46-60 and O column – 61-75. The winner is the first player to complete a given bingo pattern on his bingo cards, by marking the called numbers on his bingo card. When two or more players win the bingo round, the prize is split between them. Some online bingo sites offer a progressive jackpot, which grows with each round. This jackpot can be won if an online bingo is declared within a predetermined number of calls. The prizes are automatically deposited in the winning online bingo player’s account.
Computers operate the online bingo games, which randomly pick both the purchased bingo cards and the numbers called. The players purchase the desired quantity of these randomly-generated cards and play the game.
Auto-daubing is a feature which automatically marks the online bingo players’ cards, when activated. This option exists at most online bingo sites. Auto-bingo is yet another feature, used to automatically call bingo once the pattern is complete.
Each and every online bingo site has policies and regulations of its own, which players have to read and understand before registering with the site and depositing money. Understanding and keeping the regulations of the online bingo site is the player’s responsibility, and in the case of a misunderstanding regarding a specific regulation, the player should contact the support team of the online bingo site. The different online bingo sites also have withdrawal policies regarding the player’s winnings. Don’t let all the rules scare you, since they’re pretty easy to understand.
Bingo Rules And Tips
Payouts and styles of Bingo, a hall game, vary depending on a place. Each location owns a detailed brochure with bingo rules and payouts, specific to its location.
Check out our how to play bingo guide and bingo tips displayed here, at Bingo.st:
The bingo rules for playing bingo are fairly simple, players buy cards with numbers on them in a 5 x 5 grid corresponding to the five letters in the word B-I-N-G-O. Numbers such as B-2 or N-43 are then drawn at random (out of a possible 75 in American Bingo, and 90 in European Bingo called Tombola) until one player completes a ‘Bingo’ pattern, which is usually a line with five numbers in a vertical, horizontal or diagonal row on one of their cards, a whole filled card (called a “blackout”) or any special patterns, and then the player wins the prize.
A bingo card contains 24 numbered spaces and one free space (blank), with which you play Bingo. The numbers are assigned at random on each card and are arranged in five columns of five numbers each by five rows (5 x 5 = 25 in total including the blank square).
The numbers in the B column are between 1 and 15, in the I column between 16 and 30, in the N column (containing four numbers and the free space) between 31 and 45, in the G column between 46 and 60, and in the O column between 61 and 75.
Players have thousands of unique (non-duplicated) cards to choose from. Some manufacturers print non-duplicated series of 6,000 cards. There are also series of 9,000 cards available. Hard cards and Flimsy cards have a series number printed on them. For example, card number 1252 will always have the same numbers in the same spaces.
The numbers are announced quickly by the caller, so you must pay careful attention to the numbers that are called and mark them quickly and accurately on your card(s).
The caller keeps calling numbers until one or more players claim ‘Bingo’. Then the game stops and the numbers are verified. If you are the first to complete the numbers in a bingo pattern according to the bingo rules of the particular game, you should yell “Bingo!”, the prize is awarded and a new bingo game begins with new cards. If there is more than one winner, the prize is split among all the winners.
In Las Vegas many variations including Letter X, Six Pack and Coverall Bingo are offered. Additionally, some places offer special progressive payouts as high as $10,000.
When playing online, your bingo cards are randomly selected for you. Most online games give you 3 or 4 cards. Other games let you take more.
Here at bingo.st, we know that every online bingo game has a caller or a display board for the bingo numbers. The game pattern is also displayed. Some games automatically mark the numbers on your card for you.
Bingo Playing Rules, Number Calling and Online Bingo
All bingo games are played in bingo halls, whether real or virtual, but the various rules, payouts as well as play variations, differ from location to location.
Players first need to purchase cards. These cards have numbers placed in a five-by-five grid with columns that correspond with the five letters of the word BINGO. All bingo cards have 24 numbered spaces, and one blank space. Numbers that are in the B Columns range between 1 and 15, I Column numbers are 16 to 30, N contains four numbers between 31 and 45, as well as the free space, the G column ranges from 46 to 60, and lastly, the O column includes numbers between 61 and 75.
There is a wide range of unique cards for players to chose from, which means players are unlikely to ever have the same card twice. Both hard and flimsy cards will have a serial number printed on them. Cards sharing the same serial number will have the same arrangement of numbers.
UK and Australian Bingo
Bingo in the UK is played in large halls with considerable cash prizes to be won. Larger commercial bingo halls join together, in one game per evening, and a large cash prize can be won by a single player in any of the participating halls.
In some circumstances, bingo is played for donated prizes and not for cash, such as in certain fund-raisers taking place in local halls or schools, for instance. These games are relaxed and fun for both young and old. The value of prizes in games like these vary, but they are usually in the range of about $1.00 – $2.50 for single lines, $2 – $5 for two lines and $5-$10 for a full house. Anything goes, and winners can receive prizes such as chocolates, ice-cream, or even free entry to a swimming pool.
Both Australian and UK bingo cards contain three rows and nine columns, and come in single or multiple books. Single books have ten pages of cards and each of these is of a different color. Multiple books have six single books, and each page is the book contains six cards that have the same color. These cards are joined, but can be pulled apart easily. Veteran bingo players will play six cards at a time, while newbies are more likely to play one book, or a single card.
Single sheets with six sections each can also be purchased (like a single page in a multiple book), and they are referred to as “flyers.” Players may purchase between one and six sections, according to the amount of money they have, as well as their level of experience. Flyers may be a little more expensive than books, but their prizes tend to be higher.
Bingo is very popular in larger towns, and play is more goal-oriented, with the hopes of winning a big jackpot. Small town bingo games are more about the fun, and can be considered more of a social event than a competition.
Numbers are called out rapidly by a caller, and it is vital that players pay close attention to these numbers and mark them down as fast and as accurately as possible. Numbers are called out until the first player shouts out BINGO. When this occurs, game play ceases, and the winning numbers are checked. If a winner is announced, a new game needs to begin. If just one player calls “bingo,” he/she receives the whole prize, but if there is more than one winner, the prize is shared.
Cards are chosen for players in an online bingo game, with three to four cards distributed to each player. However, some games allow a player to take more cards. All online bingo games have callers, as well as a display board upon which called numbers are displayed. Daubers are not recommended in online bingo games as they will leave marks on your screen. Aside from this little wisdom, in many online bingo halls, numbers are automatically marked for players, so players have no need for marking numbers anyways.
Bingo Tips And Tricks
Bingo is mainly a game of luck, not of skill, and should be played mainly to have fun. At bingo.st, we provide you with bingo tips to use online or at ordinary bingo games in land-based bingo halls. you’ll find some useful information about bingo and some bingo tips to improve your bingo game:
- Don’t ever play with too many bingo cards. Always be sure that you can keep track of all of your cards at once. If a bingo hall offers you the option of playing as many cards as you want, remember that you can’t keep track of all of them, and a win that you don’t call is worthless.
- Don’t bang with your dauber, as it will make the dauber leak or explode, and you’ll end up with ink all over you.
- The paper cards with smaller card numbers often have the numbers closer together. Longer games being played such as Coveralls are likely to draw numbers in spurts that are close together. In order to win extra coveralls, come in the beginning and be sure to buy one of the first sets of paper cards handed out. Usually when there are big nights, managers will supply the counter with an abundance of cards. Frequently the cards on the top are the smallest number cards. You may verify the next coverall by checking yourself. You will notice the flashboard with the luminous lights lighting up the numbers that are typically, after 30 numbers have being called out, in sets.
- Act courteous to the players around you. It is considered very rude to shout out the number that you need.
- Burning the number (on paper cards) does not necessarily give an indication that it will come out next.
- Try buying a card for a neighbor once a night. It may come in handy when you run out of money.
- When you win, share the wealth and the fun by giving a lucky dollar to other players around you. When they win a bigger jackpot, they might give back the lucky dollar or even more, particularly if they happen to win while using your lucky dollar.
- One way to improve your chances of winning at bingo is to play on nights that are normally slower. Often on weeknights, there are fewer players in the bingo hall, increasing your chances of winning. If there are fewer players, there are fewer cards in play, meaning that you have a higher percentage of the cards in play, you are more likely to have the winning card.
- A good way to get more out of bingo, especially online bingo, is to join a bingo chat room or a bingo newsgroup. You’ll find out where the best tournaments, the best bonuses, and the best games are.
- If you’re losing, don’t let yourself get frustrated. Take a break, get a drink, and join the next game. If you’re playing online, you can set your cards to auto-daub while you’re away.
- You can use the bingo board found in the front of the room, or on the game screen if you’re playing online, to check that you’ve marked off all the numbers that have been called.
- The last three numbers that were called are always highlighted on the bingo board.
- Some online bingo games have bonus balls. Bonus balls will often be a specific bonus color. If the bonus ball appears on your card within the winning pattern, you’ll get bonus points if you win. If it doesn’t show up within the winning pattern, or if you don’t win the round, you won’t get the bonus points.
- Online bingo often has a count down to the next number called.
- If you see a number like 23/75, it means that 23 of a possible 75 number have been called.